WOVEN HOUSE LIFE HACKS SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES, EXCEPT FLORIDA AND NEW YORK, WHO ARE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. To Enter: This Sweepstakes begins at 06:01 a.m. (PT) on July 3, 2014, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (PT) on July 19, 2014. To enter the Sweepstakes during the entry period by submitting a life hack via Twitter using the hashtag #MikeHackTheParty (a "Submission"). All Submissions must not contain any unlawful, hateful, objectionable, harmful, threatening, discriminatory, abusive, harassing, offensive, libelous, defamatory, slanderous, immoral, pornographic, indecent, or obscene material, or material that is otherwise illegal, fraudulent or objectionable, or that advocates or describes any illegal activity. All Submissions must be received by the Sponsors no later than 11:59:59 p.m. on July 19, 2014. All Submissions received after July 19, 2014 will be ineligible for participation in the Sweepstakes. If the Sponsors do not receive a Submission for any reason or if a Submission is not submitted correctly, such Submission will be invalid and will be ineligible to receive the Prize.
Sponsors assumes no responsibility for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, or incorrect entries or other Sweepstakes materials, all of which are void. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned.
2. Prize: Approximate Retail Value of Prize; Odds of Winning: The Prize awarded to the Winner shall be as follows: (i) four (4) general admission tickets to Lollapalooza in Chicago, Illinois (to be held August 1, 2014 through August 3, 2014) for the Winner and three guests; (ii) four (4) VIP passes to the Woven House in Chicago, Illinois; (iii) four (4) round trip coach airfares between the major gateway airport closest to the Winner's residence and Chicago, Illinois (provided, however, that if the Winner's residence is located within 250 miles of Chicago, Illinois, the Sponsors may, in its sole discretion, replace the round trip coach airfares with ground transportation); and (iv) three (3) nights of shared accommodations at a hotel located in or around Chicago, Illinois to be chosen by the Sponsors. Alcohol beverages are not part of the prize. The approximate retail value of the Prize is $10,000.00.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to natural persons who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age as of June 23, 2014 and are legal residents of the Continental United States and the District of Colombia (other than Florida and New York). Residents of Florida and New York are excluded from the Sweepstakes. Employees, directors, members, managers and officers of the Sponsors, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies, and any of their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. An "Eligible Entry" is an entry submitted by a person that complies with (a) the eligibility requirements set forth in this paragraph, (b) all other terms and conditions of these Rules, and (c) all applicable usage rules for the Site (as defined below) and Twitter.
4. Warranties and Consents: By entering the Sweepstakes, you: (a) represent and warrant that (i) you have read, and agree to be bound by, these Rules and any applicable policies or procedures posted by Twitter, as applicable, (ii) based on these Rules, you are eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes, and (iii) all of the information provided as part of your entry is accurate, does not violate any third party's legal rights (including, without limitation, rights of privacy and publicity), and otherwise does not violate applicable law; (b) consent to the use of your name and/or likeness by the Sponsors for promotional purposes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law; (c) agree to be bound by the interpretations of these Rules by the Sponsors, in their sole and absolute discretion, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; and (d) acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter.
5. Selection of Winner: Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about July 19, 2014, by an independent organization whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winner will be notified by email within three (3) days of July 19, 2014, and will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release within two (2) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another winner at Sponsors' sole discretion. If winner cannot be located or does not respond to attempt to be notified within two (2) days, prize will automatically be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsors' sole discretion. Trip winner's guests must sign and return a liability/publicity release form prior to travel. Except where prohibited, acceptance of prize constitutes winner's consent for Sponsors to use his/her name, likeness and biographical data for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
All expenses not specifically booked as part of the Prize trip under the provided budget are not included as part of any prize package, and are the sole responsibility of the Winner, including, but not limited to: ground transportation, travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Air carrier, hotel and providers of other prize elements will be selected by the Sponsors in its sole discretion. Actual value may vary based on fare fluctuations and point of departure. The guests of the Winner must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and must complete a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. The Winner must travel on the same itinerary as his/her guests. The Winner and his/her guests will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations and for any travel insurance. The Winner or his/her guests must provide the hotel with a major credit card issued in one of their names to cover room security and incidental expenses, if any. The Sponsors will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. The Winner and his/her guests agree to accept and adhere to the Code of Conduct as described below. All travel is subject to approval of the Sponsors and all prize elements will be selected and/or booked by the Sponsors or its designee. The Sponsors are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsors.
The odds of being selected as a Winner depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during each phase of the Sweepstakes. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of any Prize is allowed. The Prize is not redeemable for cash. In the event of unavailability of any Prize, the Sponsors may substitute an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
THE PRIZE WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE SPONSORS TO THE WINNER "AS IS." THE SPONSORS DO NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
6. Code of Conduct: The Winner and his/her guests shall be held to the following code of conduct described herein at all times while participating in the events included in the Prize. Failure to adhere to this code of conduct, in the Sponsors' sole discretion, may result in immediate disqualification, including, but not limited to, loss of Winner status and forfeiture of prizes.
-- 1. Demeanor. The Winner and his/her guests must conduct themselves in a reasonable and courteous manner, maintaining a friendly and polite demeanor during participation in any Prize activities. The Winner and his/her guests must refrain from the use of vulgar language or gestures, as well as overtly sexual or abusive behavior, including harassment and threats. The Winner and his/her guests must not engage in physical abuse, fighting or any threatening action or threatening language during any Prize activities.
-- 2. Dress Code. The Winner and his/her guests must be attired in decent, non-sexual and non-threatening manner while participating in any Prize activities. The Sponsors reserves the right to refuse attendance at any Prize activities based on attire, in its sole discretion.
-- 3. No Drugs or Weapons or Inebriated Behavior. Use or possession of drugs or weapons by the Winner and his/her guests is prohibited on the premises of, immediately outside of, or otherwise during any Prize activity. The Winner and his/her guests must not be under the influence of drugs or inebriated in any way during any Prize activity.
-- 4. Compliance with Law. The Winner and his/her guests must not be in violation of any federal, state, or local law during any Prize activity.
7. General Conditions: Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to abide by and accept the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. No substitution of prize or cash equivalent except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Cash equivalent may be less than the approximate retail value of the prize. Prize is non-transferable except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are winner's sole responsibility. By accepting the prize, winner waives the right to assert as a cost of winning said prize, any and all costs of redemption or travel to redeem said prize and any and all liability that might arise from redeeming or seeking said prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check of any criminal records of the prize winners. To the extent necessary and permitted by law, prize winners shall authorize this background check. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify prize winners from any prize element, based on the background check. Winner also accepts sole responsibility for any miscellaneous costs relating to acceptance of prize.
The value of the prize won by a participant under the sweepstakes may be taxable as income to its winner. Winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees associated with the prize. Winner will be issued an IRS Form W-9 with the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and a subsequent IRS Form 1099. Upon receipt of a prize, the winner shall be required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, rules and regulations.
8. Indemnification: By participating in the Sweepstakes and, if the Winner, by accepting the Prize, you agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsors, Twitter, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies, licensees, assigns, promotional partners and the respective officers, directors, managers, members, employees, agents, successors, licensees and assigns of each of the foregoing from and against any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cause of action, claim, cost or expense (including, without limitation, any property damage, personal injury and/or death) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize.
9. Arbitration; Waiver of Certain Damages: As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree that: (i) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain an award for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other indirect damages; (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or the Prize shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator located in Los Angeles, California; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event shall any claim, judgment or award include attorneys' fees or any equitable or injunctive relief. Disputes arising out of the Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of California without reference to its or any other jurisdiction's conflicts of laws principles. Any provision of these Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the fullest extent permissible, and the remainder of these Rules will remain in effect.
10. Limitation of Liability: The Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsors, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their officers, directors, managers, members, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever, and shall be held harmless by the Winner for any injuries, claims, losses or damages of any kind to any person, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a Prize.
11. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE SPONSORS ARE PROVIDING THE SWEEPSTAKES ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE SPONSORS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE TECHNOLOGY USED TO PROVIDE IT: (I) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; (II) WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS, INACCURACIES OR ERRORS; OR (III) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR ENABLE YOU TO PARTICIPATE IN IT. THE SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE MADE EXPRESSLY IN THESE RULES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
12. Electronic Conditions: The Sponsors assume no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or servers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, or any incomplete, lost, late, delayed, misdirected or garbled entries or failure to receive entries, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or to download materials or software related to the Sweepstakes. The Sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the Prize and/or the Winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or is disrupted or corrupted, including, without limitation, by strikes, acts of war or terrorism, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical or system failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or for any reason the Sponsors deem it necessary, the Sponsors reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other online or text message entries are permitted. The Sponsors reserve the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any person from the Sweepstakes if the Sponsors suspect or find that such person: (i) has used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry; (ii) has tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (iii) is acting or has acted in violation of these Rules; (iv) is acting in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) has provided inaccurate information on any document submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes.
NOTE: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Use of Data: The Sponsors may collect personal data about you, including, without limitation, your email address. By participating in the Sweepstakes, except as limited by law, you hereby agree to the collection and usage of your personal information by the Sponsors as set forth herein.
14. Severability; Headings: If any provision of these Rules is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Rules and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provision hereof. Headings and captions are used in these Rules solely for convenience of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Rules or any provision hereof.
15. Winner's List: Requests for a copy of these Rules or a list of winners of the Sweepstakes must be sent in writing to Woven Digital LLC, 10381 Jefferson Blvd., Culver City, California 90232, in a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Such requests must identify the name of the Sweepstakes as set forth above. Requests for a list of winners must be sent within sixty (60) days following the end of the Sweepstakes.
THE SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORSED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER.
Sponsors: Mark Anthony Brands Inc., Chicago, IL 60661 and Woven Digital, LLC, Culver City, California 90232.
Administrator: Woven Digital, LLC, Culver City, California 90232.
(c) 2014 Mike's Hard Lemonade Co., Chicago, IL.
is a ® registered trademark and is a trademark of Mike's Hard Lemonade Co.
MIKE'S IS HARD. SO IS PRISON. DON'T DRIVE DRUNK.®